Yamal 2040: Scenarios for the Russian Arctic¶
To produce an analysis and evaluation of possible outcome scenarios for the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Okrug in Arctic Russia, and develop greater capacity among stakeholders to use climate information in their decision making at various levels of governance and spatial scales.
This is a scenario planning project on “Yamal 2040 Scenarios for the Russian Arctic” to explore the future of the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Okrug (YNAO) and possible consequences of different scenarios for the region’s economy, business, environment, and people. The Scenario Planning Project will be conducted during a total of three workshops, the first one will take place in Moscow on 7 and 8 December 2017. The second workshop took place on 22 and 23 March 2018 in Potsdam. The third will take place in Potsdam on 26 and 27 September 2018.
- First Yamal 2040 workshop, 7-8 December 2017, Primakov National Research Institute of World Economy and International Relations (IMEMO), Moscow (RU)
- Second workshop held on 22-23 March 2018, Second Blue-Action Workshop of Yamal 2040 Scenario project, Potsdam (DE): https://code.mpimet.mpg.de/issues/8137
- Third workshop on 26-27 September 2018 at IASS in Potsdam (DE): https://code.mpimet.mpg.de/issues/8413
- D5.20 Arctic stakeholder map
- D5.21 Workshop report 1
- D5.22 Workshop report 2
- D5.23 Quantitative and qualitative analysis of the engagement of stakeholders
Mailing list: PIs involved in this case study
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Vilena.Valeeva@iass-potsdam.de; email@example.com
- Kathrin Stephen, IASS
- Vilena Valeeva, IASS
- Elena Nikitina, IMEMO
- Johannes Gabriel, Foresight Intelligence