EU's Adaptation Strategy: public consultation now open!
A public consultation was launched by the EC on the evaluation the EU's Adaptation Strategy.
- Link to the online consultation:[[https://ec.europa.eu/clima/consultations/evaluation-eus-strategy-adaptation-climate-change_en]]
- Deadline for taking part in the consultation:1 March 2018
- Who can contribute: All citizens and organisations are welcome to contribute to this consultation. Contributions are particularly sought from professionals dealing with adaptation to climate change in all types of organisations in the EU.
- More about the EU's Adaptation Strategy: [[http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:52013DC0216]] The strategy adopted in April 2013 aims to increase the resilience of the EU territory by enhancing the preparedness and capacity of all government levels to respond to the impacts of climate change. The Strategy commits to delivering three objectives - promoting action by Member States; ‘climate-proofing’ action at EU level; and better-informed decision-making - through the implementation of eight Actions. Some of these are very relevant to Blue-Action!
- Should you be particulary interested in the topic, please note that a public consultation meeting on the evaluation of the EU's Strategy on Adaptation to Climate Change, will be held on 23 January 2018 in Brussels, this is an open stakeholder workshop. Check the pages linked above to know more about this workshop...
We strongly recommend to take part in the exercise, as an individual or as an organisation.
Your Project Office